The city’s Public Works Department is responsible for everything from leaf collection and snow removal to maintaining all of the city’s streets and water systems and managing the city’s contracted waste collectors.
The Public Works Director and staff carry out annual programs determined by the City Council and manage daily operations under the direction of the City Manager. As well as being the front line for many of the main issues citizens are concerned about, Public Works handles:
- Engineering and storm water drainage
- Snow removal
- Street and public right-of-way maintenance
- Waste collection
- Water and wastewater systems
Homeowners and property owners are required to obtain permits for the following:
- Repairing/replacing/constructing a driveway approach
- Repairing/replacing/constructing curb, gutter or sidewalk
- Water/Sanitary Sewer Tap-Ins (new construction)
- Assigning a street address to a new property or changing an address of an existing property
Additionally, every property owner is charged a quarterly storm water fee, as mandated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). If you feel you are being over-charged, there are various applications which you can complete and send to the Public Works Department:
- Request for Back Credits
- Credit Policy Application
- Impervious Area Modification Request
You can also learn more by reading the Storm Water Billing Policies & Procedures.
All of the above-mentioned permits and applications can be accessed by clicking on “Permits & Applications” located on the left sidebar of this page.
For more information, call 937-837-1702.