Fire & Rescue
The city's Fire Prevention program promotes public safety by administering fire codes and standards, conducting regular building inspections, and providing prompt detection and compliance of code violations. Every year, Fire Prevention conducts regular fire safety inspections of nearly 700 businesses, institutions, schools, and child care facilities throughout the Trotwood community with a team of 21 state-certified fire inspectors.
- Conducting fire hydrant inspections and ensuring that the city's 1,300 hydrants receive annual testing and maintenance
- Educating home and business owners about the inspection process
- Investigating all fires to determine their origin and cause
- Ensuring that all fire hazards are abated
- Reviewing all plans for new construction and renovations related to fire suppression and alarm systems
- Working with Building Administration and Planning and Development to ensure code compliance and the integrity of fire protection systems, from design review through final inspection