City of Trotwood
Full Time Human Resources Generalist Job Opening
Employment applications must be received by Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
Scope of Selection Process:
1. Employment Application/Resume
2. Oral Interview(s)
3. Driving Record Check
4. Employment Background Check
5. Physical & Drug Screening
6. Credit Check
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; SHRM-CP or PHR certification a plus.
• Three to five years of experience in human resources function or comparable experience.
• Must have proficient knowledge of employment law and other human resources functions.
• Strong knowledge of employment law, compensation and benefits practices and workers compensation practices.
• The ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
• The ability to use sound judgment in the performance of work
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize while maintaining flexibility.
• The ability to demonstrate professionalism in appearance and oral/written communication.
• Must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the tasks associated with the position.
• Ability to drive and operate office equipment.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds, bend, sit/stand and view computer screens for extended periods of time.
Nature of Work:
Under the general supervision of the Human Resources Manager, performs specialized clerical, technical and specific Human resources tasks. Responsible for Workers Compensation processing and tracking; assists with Civil Service examination administration, recruitment efforts, employee orientation and serves as secretary to the Civil Service Commission. Also responsible for maintaining all personnel records, tracking employment applications, preparing monthly reports and coordinating special events.
$22.90 – $30.16 per hour depending on qualifications
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for all Worker’s Compensation claims for the City — processing reports, communicating with MCO, BWC and supervisors regarding claims, logging accidents, data entry, tracking injury leave start and end dates, and establish and maintain files.
Establish and maintain all employee personnel files.
Operate, maintain, and update human resources related information on the computerized CMI system.
Responsible for benefits management, including auditing invoices, data input and coordination with payroll.
Generate routine and special reports.
Maintain appropriate records on recruitment/selection activities for EEO/AA reporting purposes.
Prepare initial letter of eligibility for COBRA. Track eligibility status of employees & dependents.
Maintain the confidentiality of letters, files and other correspondence.
Responsible for collecting, submitting, and tracking enrollment data, answering basic questions, and maintaining forms.
Assist employees with questions, claim concerns, and work with both the employee and benefit agency to resolve problems.
Essential Job Functions Continued: Page 2 of HR Generalist Job Posting
Process personnel paperwork regarding step and pay increases, employee transfers, new hires, promotions, and separations.
Assist in the recruitment and advertisement of position vacancies and administration of Civil Service examinations; this includes completing background checks.
Prepare purchase requisitions and keep running totals for all budget items within the department.
Schedule employees for exit interview and prepare checklist.
Receive and track employment applications, schedule appointments, and prepare correspondence.
Assist with the City’s Safety program and maintains and post the OSHA 200 log.
Administer pre-employment and random drug testing program.
Maintain the inventory of the City’s vehicle fleet for license plate issuance, and insurance notification.
Assist in answering the telephone and gives general information in response to public or official inquiries.
Assist with special projects
Other duties as assigned
The employment application must be completed on-line, at www.trotwood.org/human-resources where resumes/cover letters may be uploaded. Closing date to apply is COB, Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
The City of Trotwood is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share this Post