PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT
Planning & Zoning Tools
The City of Trotwood believes strongly in the power of solid planning, does its homework and works hard to help its local businesses prosper. Trotwood’s Planning and Development staff provides developers a variety of such user-friendly tools as
- Zoning Ordinance – Regulations and requirements for development of all properties
- Zoning Map – Illustrates zoning districts and classifications
- Zoning Permit Applications –
- Residential Zoning permits are required for new construction (including additions), accessory structures, fences, decks/porches, enclosures, pools, and remodeling of interior spaces.
- Commercial Zoning permits are required for new construction (including additions), fences, remodeling of interior spaces, and signs (including permanent, temporary, and special event ). Commercial Zoning permits are also REQUIRED for Use Review when occupying any building or tenant space (even when no renovation is taking place).
- Future Land Use Plan – Features future land-uses based on a number of factors
- Subdivision Regulations – Requirements for subdivision and platting of land
- Subdivision/Lot Split Application – application for subdivision and platting of land
To obtain any of the tools listed above, contact Jeannie Peyton, Planning & Zoning Administrator. For the Planning and Zoning permits and applications, click here.