Website City of Trotwood
Date of Notice: February 14, 2020
City of Trotwood
Notice of Open Position
CLERK OF COUNCIL JOB POSTING
Scope of Selection Process
1. Oral Interview
2. Employment/Reference Verification
3. Education/Credential Verification
4. Consumer Credit Assessment
5. Driving Record Verification
6. Pre-Employment Drug Screening
Nature of Work
Serves as the Clerk to the Mayor and City Council, is responsible for notification of all public meetings, and the processing of materials for those public meetings. Additional duties require the Clerk to process all official documents approved by the Mayor and Council in the public meetings, and to maintain all official records and documents of the municipality. The Clerk’s office performs secretarial and administrative support tasks for Mayor and City Council as requested.
• High School diploma or equivalency is required; Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred, or
• Three years of experience in local, state or federal government or equivalent office experience.
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain certification as a Municipal Clerk through International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC). The Clerk of Council is required to be a Notary Public through the State of Ohio.
• Prepares official notification, and media releases of all public meetings as required by law, and in accordance with the Trotwood City Charter and Ohio Revised Code.
• Serves as custodian of and officially publishes all legislation in accordance with the Trotwood City Charter and Ohio Revised Code.
• Compiles agendas, associated materials and legislation as required for the City Council Meetings i.e. Regular Meetings, Special Meetings, Council Workshop Meetings, and Council Retreats at the direction of the Mayor, City Council and City Manager.
• Record the proceedings of the City Council Meetings i.e. Regular Meetings, Special Meetings, Council Workshops and Council Retreats, and maintain such files as required by law of the Record of Proceedings.
• Receives and processes public records requests.
• Prepare Proclamations, Certificates, Awards, Oaths of Office, Recognitions, etc. for a variety of reasons as requested by the Mayor, City Council and City Manager
• Interface with public officials, administration and the community, answering their questions or referring them to the proper individual.
• Maintains Cemetery records in compliance with the Ohio Revised Code.
• Facilitates the application and orientation of board and commission members.
• Prepares the Mayor’s and Council budget and maintain throughout the fiscal year.
• Performs other duties as required.
$53,209.73 – $66,406.08 or $58,385.60 – $74,672.00
Applications must be completed and submitted with a resume by the closing date. For online applications visit https://trotwood.org/human-resources/employment/ Closing date to apply is 3/4/2020. EOE/ADA
Share this Post