The Trotwood City Council is engaging in a process to address future planning for the City of Trotwood. The City advertised for Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for the Strategic Planning Process which Council determined that the presentation by FUTURE IQ, INC. represented the best fit for the submitted process. Future iQ was overwhelming chosen by Council to lead us in facilitation of our Strategic Plan.
The strategic planning process aims at a minimum to include the following:
- Identification of high leverage strategic goals
- Equitable inclusion of all strategic planning participants
- Facilitation of conversations with participants
- Support of strategic planning participants by facilitating the internal and external environmental assessments
- Communicating the work of the strategic planning participants and the results of their work
- Process that is on track, time and budget
- Ensuring the implementation and evaluation of the plan contains realistic and measurable indicators and metrics
- Framework for renewal of the vision, mission and core values
Future iQ®‘s Role in this Project
Future iQ has been contracted to guide the City of Trotwood in the process of creating of a new 5-Year Organizational Strategic Plan that involves:
- Background research and key data review
- Facilitation of a scenario-based City of Trotwood Future Think-Tank producing Scenarios of the Future Report
- Extensive community stakeholder engagement
- Community surveys to include as many community members as possible
- Data collection and analysis
- Focus Group to develop strategic goals and priorities
- Roadmap, key measures and implementation toolkits
- Five-Year Organizational Strategic Plan
Trotwood Think Tank
The Trotwood Future Think-Tank took place on Saturday, June 22, 2019. The workshop was held at the Trotwood Community and Cultural Arts Center, from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
The Think-Tank brought together a group of selected key community stakeholders with a broad diversity of knowledge and experience in Trotwood. The Think-Tank was based on scenario-based strategic planning – a process that has been used successfully in locations across North America, Europe and elsewhere in the world.
The future Think-Tank workshop content included:
- Determination Trotwood’s “future readiness”
- A review of important global, national and local trends and the impact on Trotwood
- Explore initial community survey results
- Formulation of the different plausible scenario ‘spaces’ and development of detailed narratives and descriptions of each scenario
- Examination of the impact and consequences of each scenario on various aspects of Trotwood
- Identification of the preferred future and critical actions steps to achieve the preferred future
The Think-Tank explored how Trotwood could change over time, depending on how a few major themes played out. It also outlined potential action steps moving forward. The Trotwood Future Think-Tank served as the starting point for a comprehensive community stakeholder engagement process to further shape Trotwood’s Organizational Strategic Plan.
Please see below the Future Think Tank Workshop Report.
We would like to hear from our community. Please complete the Trotwood 2030 Vision Survey in the link below. We greatly appreciate your participation !