Trotwood, Ohio [02/22/2023] – The Federal Communications Commission has developed the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help families afford internet services. The ACP replaced the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), which was created during the pandemic to assist families with internet connectivity. Most families who received the EBB were automatically transferred to the ACP. If you receive SNAP benefits or other forms of federal assistance, please make sure your address and other contact information is up-to-date with ODJFS.
As a result of the Affordable Connectivity Program, eligible households can receive up to $30/month discounts for internet service. Households that are currently enrolled will automatically receive the discount on their monthly income bill – the benefit is not paid directly to the individual.
Eligibility – You may be eligible for this benefit if anyone in your household receives one of the following benefits:
- SNAP/food stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- National School Lunch Program
- School Breakfast Program
- A Pell Grant (must be received in this award year)
- Tribal specific programs, such as Tribal TANF
- Meets the eligibility standards for a participating internet provider’s existing low-income internet program.
You may also be eligible if your household’s annual income is less than 200% of the federal poverty level.
How to Apply?
- Go to ACPBenefit.org to submit your application or print out a mail-in application. If you apply online, they will try to verify your eligibility automatically, but you may be asked to provide additional documentation to prove your identity, address, or eligibility. If you plan to apply by mail, you will need to send in copies of your documents along with your application. Completed applications and additional documents should be sent to:
ACP Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
- Contact a participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill. (Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.)
The program also allows you to get a one-time $100 discount on a computer or tablet purchased through your internet service provider. Contact your internet service provider to see what options are available to you under the device discount program.
Links for more information:
- Participating Provider Search: https://cnm.universalservice.org/
- Affordable Connectivity Program: https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/
Share this Post