Date of Notice: August 3, 2020
City of Trotwood
Police Officer Eligibility List
Scope of Selection Process
• Written Exam – National Testing Network (NTN)
• Completion of Physical Agility Exam (Coopers Standards)
• Background Investigation (Criminal/Driving Records, Voice Stress Analysis, Education, Past/Present Employment)
• Oral Interview(s)
• Physical & Psychological Exam – Certification from appointed Physician
• Drug & Alcohol Screen
• Be at least 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen
• Achieve a passing score of at least 70% on the National Testing Network written examination
• High School Graduate or GED certified
• Some experience as a Police Officer in another Ohio jurisdiction preferred
• Completion of required police academy training and possession of the appropriate certificates
• Possess OPOTA Certified prior to appointment
• Completion of two years of college preferred
• Valid Ohio Drivers’ License with less than 6 points and auto insurance
• Weight proportionate to height
• Eye sight correctable to 20/20
• Must possess the physical ability to perform the tasks associated with the position.
• Must be of good moral character with no previous felony convictions and possess an acceptable background
$21.85 – $31.96 per hour
Nature of Work
Police Officers are responsible for protection of life and property, prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals, community involvement, and general enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work is performed in accordance with departmental rules and regulations, and normally consists of routine patrols, conducting preliminary and follow-up investigations, making arrests, maintaining order, directing traffic and any other miscellaneous duty performed in accordance with departmental rules and regulations.
Work involves an element of personal danger. Employees must be able to act without direct supervision and exercise independent discretion with emergency encounters. However, advice and consultation from a supervisor is usually available.
Candidates must take the written test through the National Testing Network (NTN). This is a Virtual testing process.
Instructions for written testing registration
• Go to the National Testing Network website – nationaltestingnetwork.com
• Choose the departments you are testing for
• Complete the questionnaire
• Take the written exam on any of the dates listed below:
August 12th – 2:00 pm & 6:00 pm
August 27th – 2:00 pm
September 16th – 2:00 pm & 6:00 pm
• Must obtain a passing score of at least 70% to be considered for employment
The application packet for this position may be obtained from the Human Resources Department at the Trotwood Government Center 3035 Olive Rd., Trotwood, OH 45426 or completed online at www.trotwood.org. (Human Resources tab).
Applications must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:00 PM, September 15, 2020.
The City of Trotwood complies with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and regulations. Furthermore, the City of Trotwood considers qualified applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or military/veteran status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Share this Post