City of Trotwood
Scope of Selection Process:
- Oral interview
- Background Investigation (Criminal/Driving Record, Education, Past/Present Employment)
- Voice Stress Analysis
- Physical & Psychological Exam
- Drug Screen
- Current Police Officer Certification by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Commission
- At least 1 year of Full Time service as a Police Officer or
- At least 2 years Part-Time Service as a Police Officer or
- At least 3 years Auxiliary or Reserve Service as a Police Officer
- Successful completion of all phases of the selection process
- US Citizen & at least 21 years old
- HS Graduate or GED
- Valid Ohio Drivers’ License; good driving record
- Eye sight correctable to 20/30
- Possess the physical ability to perform the tasks associated with the position.
- Acceptable background investigation
Nature of Work:
Employees in this class are responsible for protection of life and property, prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals, and general enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work is performed in accordance with Division rules and regulations, and normally consists of duties and routine patrol and both initial and follow-up investigations. Work involves an element of personal danger. Employees must be able to act without direct supervision and to exercise independent discretion in meeting emergencies; however, advice and consultation from a superior officer is usually available.
Salary Range: $21.42 to $31.33 per hour
The application process begins with completion of the City of Trotwood Employment Application, Authorization to Release Information including the Police and Homeland Security Supplement. Employment Applications and Supplemental Police Application Packets may be downloaded and printed from https://www.trotwood.org/human-resources. Return completed forms to: email@example.com or send to Trotwood Government Center, HR Department, 3035 Olive Rd., Trotwood, OH 45426. Questions or inquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is 4:00 PM, Monday August 30, 2019 (deadline extended).
The City of Trotwood is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications may be downloaded from www.trotwood.org (HR or Fire & Rescue) pages and returned to Human Resources, 3035 Olive Road, Trotwood, OH 45426 or by filling out the form after you click on “Apply for Job” button.
Share this Post