City of Trotwood
Maintenance Technician Job Opening
Scope of Selection Process
1. Oral Interview
2. Driving Record Check
3. Employment Background Check
4. Physical & Drug Screening
• Two (2) years or more experience in the Public Sector (Service Dept.; Public Works, etc.) or Private Sector (Construction, Equipment Operator, etc.).
• High School Graduate or G.E.D.
• Must possess the physical ability to perform the tasks associated with the position.
• Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
• Must possess a valid Class A CDL or obtain one within six months of hire.
• Ability to drive and operate City equipment and trucks safely and skillfully within one year of hire.
• Must be able to lift 80 pounds
Nature of Work
Operates heavy equipment; drives and performs general duty street/utility maintenance work consisting of maintenance and repair of public streets, parks, equipment, and facilities, requires regular standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling; in accordance with prescribed City policies and regulations; performs related tasks as required by a supervisor.
Repairs streets, curbs, catch basins, alleys; operates a leaf machine and other heavy equipment. Performs concrete and asphalt work, installs drain tile, paints traffic lines, mows grass, removes and treats weeds, cleans sewers, repairs broken sewer and water lines, snow and ice removal. Performs general maintenance; repair of city property and equipment. Performs other related duties as assigned.
$15.41 – $22.50 per hour (depending on qualifications)
The employment application may be completed on-line, or downloaded and printed at www.trotwood.org/human-resources and returned to Trotwood Government Center, Attn: HR Department, 3035 Olive Rd., Trotwood, OH 45426. Closing date to apply is COB, Monday, April 26, 2021.
The City of Trotwood is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, GINA, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share this Post